|Ocassion: Any||Total servings: 8-10|
|Cuisine: American||Calories: ?
|Effort: Medium||Pre-Prep time: 1 hour|
|How to serve: Cold
||Preperation time: 1-1.5 hours|
Mud cake, also referred to as Mississippi mud cake or mud pie, is a type of chocolate cake made in virtually endless variations. There is no standard recipe for a mud cake. It is believed to have originated in the 1970s and 1980s in the American South, and some say it is baked to resemble the mud along the banks of the Mississippi River. Mud cakes function well as birthday cakes, holiday cakes, or even in cupcake form. Some people use mud cakes for their wedding cakes, though they often need to be a little denser than usual to accept extra layers, heavy icing, or decorations.
- 1 cup and a half of hot water;
- 200 gr butter;
- 200 gr dark cooking chocolate;
- 40 gr cocoa;
- 1 cup(250 ml) of caster sugar;
- 80 gr caster sugar with vanilla taste;
- 2 eggs;
- 1 big teaspoon vanilla essence;
- 1 cup and a half of self-raising flour/white flour+1 small pack of baking powder;
- cooking paper;
- finetti sticks for decoration.
How to prepare:
1. In a deep pot over low heat melt together butter, chocolate, 1 cup of sugar and hot water.
2. When cooled take it away from the gas and let it cool a bit.
3. Meanwhile mix the 2 eggs with vanilla essence and 1 spoon of oil in one bowl and in another bowl mix the flour (in my case white flour) with baking powder, vanilla caster sugar and cocoa.
4. Put the flour mix on top of the eggs and keep on mixing them. After that add the melted chocolate and mix well. The mixture will be very runny.
5. Pour into a lined 30 cm cake tin and bake at 150 Celsius degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes. In my case was just for 1 hour. Make sure you use the cooking paper. The best way to test if the cake is done is with a toothpick.
6. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before turning out.
7. When cool sprinkle with icing sugar. Next you can start decorating the cake however you wish.
Romana: Topim la foc mic ciocolata, untul si zaharul pudra(1 cana mare) in apa calduta. Cand ciocolata este topita complet se lasa la racit. Apoi amestecam ouale, 1 lingura ulei si esenta de vanilie intr-un bol. In altul amestecam faina alba, cacao, praful de copt si zaharul praf cu aroma de vanilie (1 pachet de 80gr de la Dr Oetcker). Compozitia cu faina se adauga peste ouale batute si se amesteca bine. Apoi turnam compozitia de ciocolata desupra si amestecam foarte bine fara a se forma cocoloase. Compozitia rezultata se pune intr-o tava rotunda adanca sau o oala care se va unge cu unt si se acopera cu hartie de copt. Se baga la cuptorul preincalzit, la 150 grade sau foc intre mic si mediu timp de 1 ora. Cel mai bine se va aplica testul scobitorii.
Apoi se va decora in functie de preferinte.